Disability

Disability is always unexpected and yet people do not realize that a disability is 3 times greater to occur for 90 days or longer than death.

Can you survive without an income for 3 months, 6 months or a year? Will you eat up all your savings or have to borrow money from family and friends? Is your family prepared to support you or would you even ask them to?

Disability insurance provides tax-free income and can be as high as 70% of your income. If you subtract taxes and the cost of going to work this should be equal to the remaining 30%.

For the entrepreneurs and small business owners we can also provide additional coverage for business overhead expenses to replace your loss to the company.

All disability insurance policies have different variations. One year, two year, five year, ten year or lifetime benefits. There are different waiting periods before benefits start paying, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 180 days or one year. Policies can have different definitions of disability, disabled in your own occupation due to education or experience, or just disabled in any occupation (you maybe able to sell pencils on the street corner). There are riders for partial disability, residual disability, and presumptive disability. Allow our professional staff to navigate the minefield of disability policies for you. Please call for free quotes and information 1-800-CITRON-1.